Monday, November 02, 2009

Just like in the movies

Admit it, we've all watched a movie that had a wedding scene and some of us have even told ourselves while watching the film "I want to have a wedding like that!"

While planning your wedding, you might want to watch those movies again that inspired you. Some personal favorites are the following (not in any particular order):

1. Sex and the City - I loved the part where Sarah Jessica Parker was being made-up, dressed up and photographed wearing different wedding dresses of famous designers like Vera Wang, Carolina Herrera, Oscar de la Renta, Christian Lacroix, Dior, Vivienne Westwood, among others. I also liked the dresses of her friends that were in different bold colors.

2. American Wedding - this movie was the culmination of the American Pie series which I caught one night on HBO . Although I'm not particularly a fan of this series, I liked the location of the wedding. It was like a glasshouse filled with flowers overlooking a garden.

3. Father of the bride - I loved Franc! If all wedding planners were like him, weddings would be pure fun! I also liked the personal touch of the father of the bride who made wedding sneakers for his daughter. That part really pinched my heart.

4. Bride Wars - I loved it whenever the two girls would meet with the wedding planner and lots of dresses, cakes, and flowers were part of the scene. I also laughed at the line "you do not alter Vera to fit you, you alter yourself to fit Vera."

5. 27 Dresses - I found some of the different wedding themes over-the-top! This is an example of what you put your bridesmaids through when you drape them with costume-y dresses (and expect them to simply alter and wear them again -- I don't think so).

6. Sweet Home Alabama - I liked the wedding proposal part -- going inside Tiffany's to pick out a ring. Awww. I also liked how Patrick Dempsey accepted defeat in the end (ooops, spoiler alert!)

7. My Best Friend's Wedding - I gushed at the scene with lots of flowers while Julia and Cameron talk about jello and creme brulee. Oh and the scene with balloons with ribbons too! I of course couldn't stand Cameron's karaoke singing!

8. Love Actually - the wedding scene is where Kiera Knightly's character gets married. Loved the simple feather fascinator in her hair!

9. The Wedding Planner - I just found J.Lo's character as the wedding planner so hilarious! But so true! The wedding planner has to be ready for anything!

10. The Wedding Singer - I liked the part where Drew Barrymore practices the "wedding kiss" with Adam Sandler and got totally smitten where the old lady sang to her husband on their anniversary.

Oh, there are a lot more wedding related movies that I haven't watched (or can't remember at the moment) but the wedding scenes are those I always remember as I step out the cinema (or after I eject the DVD).

Have a wonderful wedding movie marathon with your hubby-- to get him in the wedding mood, uh hopefully. :-)

No comments: