Tuesday, September 01, 2015

European Encounter part 1 - Fabulous France

This post is way late but as they say, better late than never. :-)

It has always been my dream to visit Europe. There's something about the "old world' that fascinates me. Whenever I pick a place to travel, between skyscrapers and ancient ruins, I would most likely pick the latter.

And so, some time in 2013, together with my cousin (hubby was busy with work at the time), I finally went to Paris, Lourdes, Madrid and Rome. See how Europe would be a lovely location for pre- and post-nuptial photos. :-)





My cousin and I were walking near the Notre Dame (church in the background) and I noticed one of the bridges that seemed to have golden decor on it. Since a lot of buildings in Paris have golden ornaments, I just thought the bridge was just decorated or painted with gold as well. Silly me, it was the famous love lock bridge!



Enjoying the sites and winter weather on the hop on, hop off bus. Great and inexpensive way to see the city.


Going to the Arc de Triomphe.



I didn't even know you could climb it!


The view from the Arc.




Watching ice skaters.



Finally meeting the grand Dame herself!








And seeing her new bells!




The Paris Opera House. No, we didn't see the Phantom. :-p


Of course, we had to stop by the Eiffel Tower.



Which was even more fab at night.





  

We couldn't leave Paris without taking a peek inside the Louvre... 






...a short visit to the Sacre Coeur...



..and Moulin Rouge.



Also had to find out for myself what all the fuss was about with Laduree's famous macarons and hot chocolate!


It was in Paris where I renewed my relationship with Nutella. :-)








I just wanted to take all those flowers home.





Everywhere we went, the food was perfect.







Oh, Paris. Would love to go back soon!

No comments: