Monday, August 15, 2011

Knotty and nice

When I first heard about Vatel Manila's Dylan Gozum asking where he could find oars, I couldn't help being curious.

Oars? At the Mango Farm?

Then, I also heard that he acquired a lifebuoy ring.

Curiouser and curiouser! (as Alice in Wonderland would say).

But, after seeing this Hamptons-inspired wedding, it all makes perfect sense. :-)



The Hamptons refer to towns on the far east end of Long Island, New York. Yes, as in Empire State building New York, New York. :-) These little towns pour out into the Atlantic Ocean which make for great seaside resorts and summer houses.

This wedding is a perfect example of bringing the outdoors indoors. You don't have to be at the beach or at the yacht club to have a nautical-themed celebration. The right details can work without going overboard (pun intended).



Jesy Alto-Ocampo single-handedly (pun UNintended) made sure that the bride looked her best. :-)


Cute as a button! :-)


























When I was young, I would watch our neighbor dry their laundry using wooden clothespins. I'm so glad these practical tools have found their way back again into our consciousness as more and more couples use them to display their engagement photos.




I love it that the nautical props were kept to a minimum so that the overall decor did not make the reception pavilion look like a cruise ship. The predominance of blues and whites already do a great job. :-P






Loving the combination of shells, white ceramic pitchers, knots and white lamps.




They say that newlyweds usually are not able to enjoy the reception food with all the excitement. I wouldn't be able to eat too if this was my table. I'd be too busy tinkering with the props. Haha!





See more of this Hampton-esque wedding here and the concept and execution details here.

Erron Ocampo Photography
39B Maginhawa St., UP Village, Diliman, Quezon City
+63 917 8137766
+63 2 2117700
www.erronocampo.com

No comments: